Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a great, simple way to make garlic bread at home.
- 1 loaf of crusty French bread
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons rosemary
- 3 dashes garlic powder
- 2 pinches onion powder
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 dash basil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Slice the bread into thick slices.
- spray a baking tray with cooking spray or cover a tray with foil.
- smooth both sides of each slice with butter.
- add a few drops of the olive oil to one side of each of the slices on top of the butter.
- shake on a few dashes of rosemary to the slices.
- add a very tiny pinch of the onion and garlic powder to the slices of bread.
- top the slices with a few dashes of basil.
- with a butter knife spread the mix evenly over the slices, so it has a smooth finish.
- put the slices on the prepared baking tray.
- bake for 10 minutes then turn the slices over and cook 5 more minutes or until lightly browned.