Prep 45 mins
Cook 2 mins
This is a recipe my Mom taught me to make as a teen, which I would make for Valentines parties. There never were leftovers.
- 2 cups sugar
- water, to moisten sugar
- 1⁄3 cup cocoa
- 3⁄4 cup butter or 3⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 cup nuts (optional)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- Mix together sugar, water, cocoa and butter and boil for 2 minutes.
- Add vanilla and let cool for about 20 minutes.
- Add flour and nuts.
- Pour into a 9" x 9" pan lined with parchment paper.
- Chill a few hours and cut into one inch pieces.