1/1 Photo of Homemade Frozen Custard
6 hrs 20 mins
I got this recipe years ago from TOH I think, I could be wrong. It's very delicious and easy to make for that sunny hot afternoon treat.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large heavy saucepan, bring milk to a boil.
- 2Meanwhile, beat eggs; add sugar, cornstarch and salt. Mix well.
- 3Gradually, add a small amount of hot milk; return all to the saucepan.
- 4Cook and stir constantly for 6-8 minutes or until mixture thickens and coasts a spoon.
- 5Gradually stir in condensed milk and vanilla; mix well.
- 6Chill 3-4 hours.
- 7Pour into an ice cream freezer.
- 8Freeze according to manufacturer's directions.
- 9Yield: about 1-1/2 qts.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Homemade Frozen Custard
Serving Size: 1 (473 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 847.3
- Calories from Fat 200
- Total Fat 22.3 g
- Saturated Fat 12.5 g
- Cholesterol 253.9 mg
- Sodium 391.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 138.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 117.3 g
- Protein 22.1 g