1/1 Photo of Homemade French Fry Seasoning Blend
Chef GreanEyes's Note:
http://www.examiner.com Recipe by cooking examiner Kristin King. "This homemade seasoning blend combines salty, sweet, smoky and spicy flavors - no ketchup necessary. Whether one is making homemade French fries or using frozen, this seasoning blend can be sprinkled on at the end or cooked onto the fry. Either way, this recipe makes enough to have on hand whenever your in the mood for fries. This seasoning blend combines a myriad of spices that all shine through when you bite into the fry. The secret ingredient in this recipe is a touch of sugar. Sugar brings out the salty sweet aspect that many people love so much. The other secret ingredient to this recipe is Penzey’s Old World Seasoning Blend. Similar to a seasoning salt, Penzey’s seasoning blend has celery salt which adds a nice subtle flavor. Penzey’s spices can be ordered online or one can visit their store in Richmond, Virginia. If Penzey’s is out of the question, use a good quality seasoning salt with a small pinch of celery salt."
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine all of the ingredients together in a small bowl. Store in an airtight container.
- 2To use on frozen fries: Combine frozen French fries with a 2 tbsp olive oil and a generous sprinkling of seasoning. Toss to coat. Bake the French fries per package instructions.
- 3To use on fresh fries: If using a two-step frying process, combine the fries with a generous sprinkling of seasoning after the first fry. Finish frying until they are crisp and golden brown. OR Sprinkle the seasoning blend over the French fries immediately after they come out of the oil.
- 4Note to self: made using 2tsp kosher salt and 1tsp celery salt.
Browse Our Top Herb and Spice Mixes Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Herb and Spice Mixes Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Homemade French Fry Seasoning Blend
Serving Size: 1 (6 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 51.9
- Calories from Fat 7
- Total Fat 0.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1055.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 2.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: