Chef #1401812's Note:
My husband loves french fries, but we don't go out to eat that much. This recipe is super easy and so yummy. You can adjust the cook time more or less depending on how crispy you like your fries. We like ours really crispy. The size of the fries you cut matter. If you cut them thinner they are crisy, if they are bigger then the fries will be softer like steak fries.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut potatoes into thin french fries.
- 2Heat oil in a large skillet.
- 3Cover bottom of skillet with potatoes (do not over lap, if there are too many make them into two batches.).
- 4Let them fry for 8-9 minutes, or until the bottom is brown.
- 5Flip the fries over and let them fry another 8 minutes.
- 6Remove potatoes from oil and season.
- 7Serve hot.
Browse Our Top < 30 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Homemade French Fries
Serving Size: 1 (256 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 686.7
- Calories from Fat 492
- Total Fat 54.7 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 15.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.8 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 5.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: