Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Chewy and crusty on the outside and soft on the inside. Recipe found on the internet.
- 354.88 ml warm water
- 4.92 ml salt
- 9.85 ml butter
- 828.06 ml flour
- 9.85 ml active dry yeast
- 29.58 ml cornmeal
- 1 egg white
- 4.92 ml water
- Place all bread dough ingredients in bread machine and select dough cycle.
- When cycle is complete, remove dough and roll into a 12"x15" rectangle on a lightly floured board.
- Roll up from long side and pinch seam to seal.
- Fold ends under.
- Place seam side down on greased baking sheet that has been dusted with cornmeal.
- Cover loosely with plastic wrap and let rise for 45 minutes.
- Make 4 diagonal cuts with a sharp knife across top of bread.
- Bake at 375° for 25 minutes.
- Beat egg white and water; remove bread from oven and brush with egg wash.
- Return to oven and bake an additional 5 minutes.
This is some of the best french bread I have ever tried !
My third time making it. Thanks for the great recipe!
My 3, 6, and 8-yr. old grand-daughters had a lot of fun making their own small loaves of bread. I cut the batch of dough into 3 pieces and they each formed their own. I was so surprised how few simple ingredients made such good tasting bread. I did have to add quite a bit of extra flour to obtain the right consistency in my machine. I know we will make this bread often in the future.
Thanks for posting this recipe.
Perfect French Bread recipe. Even better than the French Bread served on NCL cruises. NCL takes great pride in their breads but this tops them. Thanks for posting it.