Chewy and crusty on the outside and soft on the inside. Recipe found on the internet.
Make and share this Homemade French Bread (abm) recipe from Food.com.
- Place all bread dough ingredients in bread machine and select dough cycle.
- When cycle is complete, remove dough and roll into a 12"x15" rectangle on a lightly floured board.
- Roll up from long side and pinch seam to seal.
- Fold ends under.
- Place seam side down on greased baking sheet that has been dusted with cornmeal.
- Cover loosely with plastic wrap and let rise for 45 minutes.
- Make 4 diagonal cuts with a sharp knife across top of bread.
- Bake at 375° for 25 minutes.
- Beat egg white and water; remove bread from oven and brush with egg wash.
- Return to oven and bake an additional 5 minutes.