1/5 Photos of Homemade French Bread (abm)
Chewy and crusty on the outside and soft on the inside. Recipe found on the internet.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups warm water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 3 1/2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1Place all bread dough ingredients in bread machine and select dough cycle.
- 2When cycle is complete, remove dough and roll into a 12"x15" rectangle on a lightly floured board.
- 3Roll up from long side and pinch seam to seal.
- 4Fold ends under.
- 5Place seam side down on greased baking sheet that has been dusted with cornmeal.
- 6Cover loosely with plastic wrap and let rise for 45 minutes.
- 7Make 4 diagonal cuts with a sharp knife across top of bread.
- 8Bake at 375° for 25 minutes.
- 9Beat egg white and water; remove bread from oven and brush with egg wash.
- 10Return to oven and bake an additional 5 minutes.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Homemade French Bread (abm)
Serving Size: 1 (870 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1758.0
- Calories from Fat 117
- Total Fat 13.1 g
- Saturated Fat 5.6 g
- Cholesterol 20.1 mg
- Sodium 2476.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 349.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 15.0 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 53.3 g