1/1 Photo of Homemade Freezer Pizza
Instead of buying one of those freezer pizza's that you can't really choose the toppings on why not make a few yourself and have ready in the freezer! This tried-and-true method preserves a fresh, crisp crust even through the freezing process! The secret's in the cheese; when applied to the crust before any toppings or sauce, the cheese seals the crust against the moisture in the sauce. Do not thaw before baking!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1Put in automatic bread machine: place ingredients in container in following order: water, olive oil, flour, sugar, salt and yeast.
- 2Select Dough setting and press Start.
- 3Spray pizza pan with non-stick cooking spray or brush with olive oil.
- 4Gently stretch pizza crust to fit pan, forming raised edge at lip.
- 5Sprinkle crust with grated mozzarella cheese.
- 6Dot with browned sausage, ground beef, pepperoni and chopped and sautéed onion.
- 7Gently spread marinara sauce to cover cheese and toppings.
- 8Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and salt to taste.
- 9To freeze: flash freeze pizza in pan.
- 10When frozen, wrap in aluminum foil.
- 11To prepare: do not thaw pizza.
- 12Heat oven to 400°.
- 13Bake frozen pizza for 20 to 25 minutes, until crust is browned, sauce bubbles and cheese is fully melted.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Homemade Freezer Pizza
Serving Size: 1 (255 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 573.6
- Calories from Fat 282
- Total Fat 31.3 g
- Saturated Fat 13.0 g
- Cholesterol 80.9 mg
- Sodium 1285.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 7.4 g
- Protein 28.3 g