Recipe by Tish
Instead of buying one of those freezer pizza's that you can't really choose the toppings on why not make a few yourself and have ready in the freezer! This tried-and-true method preserves a fresh, crisp crust even through the freezing process! The secret's in the cheese; when applied to the crust before any toppings or sauce, the cheese seals the crust against the moisture in the sauce. Do not thaw before baking!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 12 ounces mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 lb Italian sausage, browned
- 1⁄4 lb ground beef, browned
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped and sauteed
- 2 ounces pepperoni slices
- 1 1⁄2 cups marinara sauce
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, freshly grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Put in automatic bread machine: place ingredients in container in following order: water, olive oil, flour, sugar, salt and yeast.
- Select Dough setting and press Start.
- Spray pizza pan with non-stick cooking spray or brush with olive oil.
- Gently stretch pizza crust to fit pan, forming raised edge at lip.
- Sprinkle crust with grated mozzarella cheese.
- Dot with browned sausage, ground beef, pepperoni and chopped and sautéed onion.
- Gently spread marinara sauce to cover cheese and toppings.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and salt to taste.
- To freeze: flash freeze pizza in pan.
- When frozen, wrap in aluminum foil.
- To prepare: do not thaw pizza.
- Heat oven to 400°.
- Bake frozen pizza for 20 to 25 minutes, until crust is browned, sauce bubbles and cheese is fully melted.