Prep 45 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Another recipe out of, "The Sausage Making Cookbook". This is a good way to impress your friends. Have a cook out,using your homemade hot dogs.
- Combine all ingredients, mix well and stuff into sheep casings (pork casings will work too, but will end up a little fatter frank).
- Smoke for 2-3 hours at 115 deg or until a rich orange color is reached (you can freeze them at this point, until you want to boil them).
- Then cook in water heated to 160-170 until franks float.
- Cooking time depends on thickness of the hot dog.
- You can simply just grill them as well.
- Again, the yield depends on how long and thick your links are.