1/1 Photo of Homemade Flour Tortillas
I found this in my TOH magazine. This is different from all of the other 5 recipes posted here as it does not use shortening or baking powder. It was fun making these on our own last summer and I look forward to doing it again now that I remember where the recipe was found. Hope it works out for you too.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large bowl, combine the flour and salt. Stir in the water and oil.
- 2Turn dough onto a floured surface and knead 5-6 times.
- 3Divide dough into 8 equal portions. On the floured surface roll each portion into a 7-inch disk.
- 4In a large non-stick skillet coated with cooking spray cook tortillas over medium heat for 1 minute on each side or until lightly browned. Keep warm while cooking the others.
Browse Our Top Low Cholesterol Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Homemade Flour Tortillas
Serving Size: 1 (66 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 158.5
- Calories from Fat 48
- Total Fat 5.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 146.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 3.2 g