Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I found this in an old kids' recipe book. It adds that extra homemade touch if you're making quesadillas or fajitas or whatever! They make a good snack on their own too. NOTE: If you want bigger tortillas (mine probably end up about 6" in diameter) you may want to double the recipe.
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 1⁄3 cup warm milk
- butter (to taste)
- Mix all ingredients except butter and milk.
- Slowly add milk.
- Form 6 or 7 balls, then roll or pat flat. (The thickness is up to you).
- Cook in ungreased skillet. (Be sure to watch so they don't burn and flip them regularly).
- Butter to taste and enjoy!
I found these to be a bit harder when I thought they would be softer. DH LOVED them and I was only so so. I got 8 very small 4 inch tortillas. Made for PAC Fall 2009
this didn't come out as I expected. Maybe its my fault for using 1 T of oil instead of shortening?
These are so delish! Made them for my in-laws 2 weeks ago and they are still raving about them! Thanks for posting.