Prep 5 mins
Cook 4 mins
Love fish sticks? You will enjoy these better than processed store bought.
- 1 (1 lb) packagefrozen white fish fillet (sole, haddock, cod or Boston bluefish)
- 1⁄4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup wheat germ
- 1⁄4 cup sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Remove wrapping from fish.
- In shallow dish, thaw on medium-low in microwave 2-3 minutes or just until fish can be cut with knife.
- Do not separate into filets.
- Cut crosswise into 8 even sticks.
- In shallow dish, combine breadcrumbs, wheat germ, sesame seeds, paprika, salt and pepper to taste.
- In a bowl, beat together egg and oil.
- Roll fish sticks in bread crumb mixture, then in egg mixture, then again in bread crumb mixture.
- Heat browning dish at HIGH 4 minutes or according to manufacturers directions.
- Brush dish with oil.
- Arrange fish sticks on dish like spokes on a wheel.
- Microwave HIGH for 1 1/2 minutes and turn fish over.
- Microwave HIGH for 2-3 minutes or until fish is opaque and flakes easily when tested with fork.
- Alernatively, on roasting rack, arrange fish like spokes in a wheel and microwave at HIGH 5-6 minutes or until fish is opaque and flakes easily when tested with fork. Rotate dish once during cooking.
My son loves fish sticks, so I tried this recipe. He really enjoyed them. I won't tell him they are also good for him. Thanks.
Wow! Who would think fish sticks could be made so easily? Thanks!