Recipe by Texas Bell Foods
With this quick and easy finger paint your child can finger paint for just pennies. It's perfect for using on paper or in the bathtub. The dish soap makes this finger paint wash out of anything my girls have painted with it. Keeps for at least a week in airtight containers. A fun painting option is to cover a tray or cookie sheet with waxed paper and have your child spoon paint over it in different colors. Cover with another sheet of waxed paper. Your child can press down on the colors and watch them blend and move.
Top Review by mier_family_11158331
I made this last night and was excited to take it to preschool today. I put it in a plastic container with a snap on lid. This morning, the wonderful finger paint had turned into pourable liquid paint! It definitely WAS NOT finger paint. I don't know what went wrong or why it changed texture.
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄3 cup cornstarch
- 2 cups cold water
- 1⁄4 cup clear liquid dish soap
- food coloring or food coloring paste
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together sugar and cornstarch in a small pan, then slowly add cold water.
- Cook over low heat, stirring until the mixture becomes a smooth; almost clear gel about 5 minutes.
- When it's cool, stir in clear dishwashing liquid.
- Scoop equal amounts of the mixture into containers and stir in food coloring or, for even more vibrant colors, use food-coloring paste.