Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
OH FIDDLE FADDLE !!! That is what the boxed brand of caramel popcorn is called here. I call it mighty tasty.
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup white corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon butter flavoring
- 1 teaspoon maple flavoring
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 7 quarts popped corn
- 2 cups mixed nuts
- In saucepan, combine brown sugar, margarine, corn syrup, and salt.
- Boil for 6 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add flavorings, cream of tartar, and soda.
- Pour over popped corn and nuts, mixing thoroughly.
- Bake in 200 degrees oven for one hour.
Very good! I made 1/4 batch and it worked fine. I did reduce the boil time to between 4 and 5 minutes. A little more involved and time consuming compared to the recipe I've been using (#78693).
Well, I have nothing big enough to mix 7 quarts of popcorn, 2 C of mixed nuts, plus the syrup, so I halved the recipe. Maybe that was the problem -- because my fiddle faddle fizzled. I ended up with a glob of syrup on top of the popcorn and for the life of me, I couldn't mix it all together. I was looking for more of a toffee flavor also. Thanks for sharing, but I won't try this one again.
Great recipe, this is really good and very much comparable to the store-bought, mabey even better, I plan on making this for the holiday season coming up!...thanks for sharing, Kitten:)