Recipe by KentuckyTinkerbell
I love the Fiber One bars, but they are very expensive. I have tried several combinations to make my own in order to save money. These bars have A LOT of fiber and protein, but are a little heavy on the calories and carbs because of sugar so I like to eat them a couple of times a week as a sweet treat, which seems to satisfy my sweet tooth! Sometimes they come out like bars and other times like gooey cookies. Either way they are yummy! I hope you can use this as a base maybe to customize your own bars.
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 7 ounces marshmallow cream
- 1⁄4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄4 cup peanut butter chips
- 1⁄2 cup flax seed
- 1 cup Grape-nuts cereal
- 3 cups Fiber One cereal
- 1 cup Rice Krispies
Directions See How It's Made
- First, spray a 9X13 pan with cooking spray.
- Next, coarsely chop semisweet and peanut butter chips. Then, combine all dry ingredients, including chips, in a large bowl. Make sure you have a utensil close by, sprayed with cooking spray, ready to spread mixture in pan. You will need to smooth and press mixture in pan quickly once it's ready.
- Then in a medium to large saucepan, over VERY low heat, melt marshmallow cream into sweetened condensed milk. Make sure to stir constantly and closely monitor for burning. DO NOT walk away from this because it takes very little heat to melt the cream. You may need to remove pan from heat and continue to stir until melted if it gets too hot and starts to brown on the bottom of the pan; it depends on your stovetop.
- Once melted add dry ingredients and incorporate into cream ensuring to equally distribute the cream over dry ingredients. Now, quickly spread into 9X13 pan and smooth evenly.
- Let cool completely before cutting into bars or squares. I like large bars so for me this recipe makes 10, 2" X 4" bars. Once cooled and cut into your preferred size wrap in plastic wrap and store in container in refrigerator. I put mine in the freezer to save for a longer period.