Recipe by hollyberry117
Just a few ingredients turn into homemade pasta. Directions for fettuccine follows.
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup semolina flour
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, whisk the first six ingredients. On a clean work surface, mix the all-purpose and semolina flours, forming a mound. Make a large well in the center. Pour egg mixture into the well. Using a fork or fingers, gradually mix flour mixture into egg mixture, forming a soft dough (the dough will be slightly sticky).
- Lightly dust work surface with flour: knead dough gently five times. Shape into a round and divide into six wedges - like a pie.
- Shape wedges into balls. Cover with plastic wrap and let rest for 30 minutes.
- Roll each ball into a 10x8 inches rectangle, dusting lightly with flour as you go.
- Roll up jelly-roll style.
- Cut into 1/4 in.-wide strips. Cook in boiling water 1-3 minutes, until al-dente.