Recipe by Darlene Summers
You need a pasta machine(manual or electric)Directions are for a manual one
Top Review by Pagan Hill
Yep, pasta is back! My fat free pasta came out great. I added minced lemon rind and fresh rosemary, and served with halibut and vegetables in a low-fat cream sauce. Yum! I let it hang on the rack longer than ten minutes with no problem- closer to an hour.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, plus a little extra for flouring during preparation
- 3⁄4 cup fat free egg substitute
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the flour into the bowl of a food processor.
- Pulse while adding the egg substitute.
- This will produce a soft ball of dough.
- Turn out onto a floured towel or board and knead the dough into a single ball that is glossy and elastic.
- Put in plastic wrap and set aside for 30 minutes.
- FLOUR the rollers of a pasta machine.
- Cut the dough in quarters; flour all over and flatten.
- Put the first piece of dough through the largest opening on the pasta machine 3 times, folding the dough in half after each time through.
- Then put it through each successively smaller opening until it has gone through the smallest.
- Repeat this process for the remaining 3 pieces of dough.
- Put each of the thin pieces of dough through the wide cutters on machine.
- Hang and dry 10 minutes.