Recipe by Missy Wombat
This homemade margarine is from an allergy and food intolerance awareness website http://www.fedupwithfoodadditives.info/index.htm#buttons
Top Review by Christalbaldwin
The recipe didn't work! The 'so called' margarine was just a watery mix and didn't solidify. I don't know if the ingredients volume is correct. I even tried increasing the liquid lecithin amount and didn't get any improvement. Sunflower oil is not cheap and I wasted a cup of it on this recipe. I hope Missy Wombat will contact me and let me know what I did wrong, if anything. Surely, this isn't how the margarine is supposed to be.
- 1 cup sunflower oil
- 1 teaspoon liquid lecithin
- 1 cup cold water
Directions See How It's Made
- Pour a little of the water into a blender, then add oil and the liquid lecithin.
- Blend briefly on high speed while adding the rest of the water.
- Store in refrigerator and use within 2-3 weeks.
- Variation: for a very rich cream substitute, add 1 tbsp maple syrup and 2 tsp carob powder.