grandchildren like this..washes off with soap and water..you can find glycerin at pharmacies..I like to use cotton swabs to apply the paint..but you could use small artist's brushes if you like..
- thoroughly mix the shortening, cornstarch and flour until it forms a paste.
- add the glycerin and stir again until the mixture becomes smooth and spreadable.
- add food coloring one drop at a time until you get the color you like.
- for easy paint removal later -- smooth a dab of cold cream on the child's face before painting.
- use cotton swabs to cream simple designs such as sun, heart, football, daisy and others --
- homemade face paint washes off with soap and water.