Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
A good homemade recipe. I use a clean extra used vinegar bottle. If you try this tell me what you think. Makes about a gallon.
- 1 cup baking soda
- 6 cups distilled white vinegar
- 8 cups water
- 10 -15 drops orange essential oils (optional) or 10 -15 drops lemon essential oils (optional) or 10 -15 drops essential oils, of choice (optional)
- You will need a one gallon container.
- First add the baking soda to the plastic container.
- Next add 1 cup of water to start with.
- Slowly add the vinegar to the bottle as the vinegar and baking soda will start to fizz.
- Then add the rest of the water swirling around & cover venting the top a few times.
- Last add the essential oil.
- Add 1 cup in your final rinse cycle for each load but give the bottle a good shake to stir up the essential oil if using.
I love this recipe!!!!! My clothes look brighter after I have dried them. Please make sure you mix in bucket or pot first before transferring into containers.
I really like making this recipe. However, after a huge explosion this morning, I have a suggestion. Mix the ingredients in a bucket. I had no problem with the mixture fizzing over and no explosions - which is a good thing. Still add the vinegar slowly and stir as you add it. Then after stirring real good, just use a funnel and pour it into a gallon container.
I made this fabric softener this morning and washed a load of my husbands clothes and love this recipe! I was using plain vinegar, which also worked well but I like the idea of using baking soda. I also make my own laundry soap and love the addition of this softener! Thank you for sharing this!