Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is what custard should really taste like.
Make and share this Homemade English Custard recipe from Food.com.
- Put the milk and cream in a saucepan and bring slowly to the boil.
- Meanwhile whisk together the egg yolks and sugar until pale and creamy.
- As soon as the milk and cream mixture comes to the boil, pour onto the egg mixture and beat well.
- Return to the pan and place over a very gentle heat (or in a basin over a pan of simmering water) and stir continuously until the custard has thickened. Serve hot.
- should you need to keep the custard warm, lay a piece of greaseproof paper on the surface to stop a skin forming.