A delicious and traditional English style artisanal mustard made with good English ale and garlic; the type of mustard that is so expensive to buy in the supermarkets. Home-made mustard is easy to make and very satisfying, as you can add special ingredients to suit your taste. This mustard is wonderful served with all manner of pies, pasties and savoury pastries, as well as cold meats, steaks, roasts and sausages. It is a quick maturing mustard, and is ready to eat in two weeks. Makes an ideal gift, especially for men and BBQ fanatics!
- Grind the mustard seeds to a smooth powder using either an electric spice grinder or a coffee grinder.
- Transfer the ground seeds to a bowl and add the flour, crushed garlic and salt.
- Gradually whisk in the ale until it takes on a smooth, creamy consistency.
- Spoon the mustard into sterilised jam jars and secure with well-fitting lids.
- Leave to mature for at least 2 weeks in a cool place before tasting.