Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a great sauce that you may want to use instead of a pack of taco sauce on your mexican nights! Love this with some homemade red rice and black beans!
- 1 lb ground chuck, cooked and drained well
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 cup chopped tomato
- 1⁄2 cup iceberg lettuce, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 6 -8 flour tortillas, fajita size
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1⁄3 cup tomato sauce
- 1⁄4 cup chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 pinch marjoram leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chicken base
- 1⁄8 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup water
- roux: whisk the flour and water together.
- sauce: place all the sauce ingedients in a sauce pan and whisk together. begin to heat on medium heat. once the mixture starts to warm- whisk in the roux and let heat on very low heat 15-20 minutes.
- enchiladas: mix 1/2 the enchilada sauce in with the cooked ground chuck. place meat in tortilla and fold to somewhat close. lay in casserole dish seam side up. continue until all meat and tortillas are used up. spoon the remaining sauce over the center of the assembled enchiladas and top with 1/2 of the cheese.
- bake at 350 for 15 minutes or until cheese has melted.
- serve with sour cream, lettuce and tomatoes and the extra cheese. plus anythng else you desire.