Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
I love to make this easy enchilada sauce, it is so worth making this instead of buying a can of enchilada sauce. Perfect sauce to use for making enchiladas or smootherd burritos.
- 44.37 ml vegetable oil
- 14.79 ml all-purpose flour
- 59.14 ml chili powder
- 473.18 ml vegetable broth
- 170.09 g can tomato paste
- 2.46 ml dried oregano
- 2.46 ml ground cumin
- In a medium saucepan heat oil, add flour and cook for 1 minute while stirring. Add chili powder and cook for 30 seconds while stirring.
- Stir in broth, tomato paste, oregano, cumin, and salt to taste. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and cook for 15 minutes. Use in your enchilada favorite recipe.
This sauce was very good and certainly easy. I like that you can easily adjust it and make as much or as little as you want.
Wow! This really made our enchiladas fabulous. Very easy recipe. I replaced the vegetable stock with chicken stock, otherwise followed the recipe. Well worth the "effort".
This is a great recipe. I will never buy a bottle from the store again. This is similar to a Arizona style red enchilada sauce.