Recipe by SweetsLady
I use this for our favorite enchiladas. I've been told that it makes them taste like Chili's.
Top Review by ginangino69
AWESOME!!! AWESOME!!! AWESOME!!! What else can you say???? This sauce was amazing. We are from the SW and just couldn't duplicate the awesome flavor of homemade enchilada sauce until now. I doubled the recipe for a 9x13 pan about 20 single rolled enchiladas and had a bit left over. This sauce is perfect, you will not be disappointed!! Thanks for sharing SweetsLady!
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 cup chili powder, to taste with more chili powder the spicier
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- cayenne, to taste if you want more spice
- Heat oil with cornstarch in saucepan over medium heat. Cook for 1 minute.
- Add in chili powder and cook for another minute.
- Gradually stir in the broth, mixing well with a whisk to make sure you get out the lumps.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Simmer until thickened on low.