Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
I like eggnog year round, and you can't buy it here unless it's Xmas time. This is my favorite eggnog recipe.
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg, plus more for serving
- 2 cups milk
- 2 ounces brandy (optional)
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs and sugar until light in color and sugar is dissolved.
- Whisk in vanilla, nutmeg, milk and brandy, if using.
- Strain into a small pitcher and chill.
- Pour into glasses and sprinkle with additional nutmeg.
Absolutely delicious! And super easy to boot. I use rum extract instead of the hard stuff, so we get that yummy flavor without the headache. Super tasty with our backyard eggs! (">
In two words Rich and Delicious. Loved not only the how rich and delicious this was but also how quick and easy it was. Like you we can only get eggnog around Christmas time making this a must have recipe. Made using Splenda for baking and 1% milk and will do it exactly the same way next time. Thanks so very much for the great recipe.
What a great recipe. It was very tasty, and we really liked it. But the extra benefit of having this recipe is that it produces individual servings for those times in the off-season when you want just a glass or two and you can't find any in the grocery store. And most of the other Eggnog recipes yield such massive quantities that might be OK for the holidays when lots of people will want it. But for other times of the year, it's great to have a recipe like this, and you won't have tons left over that that will have to be thrown away. Thanks, Pink Diamond. We enjoyed it!