1/2 Photos of Homemade Egg Noodles by Geraldine
This comes down the pike though at least 100 years of noodle makin' here in Southern Indiana. Geraldine was quite the cook and her noodles were known Statewide. Enjoy the journey.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Beat egg, water and salt together.
- 2Add baking powder and 1/4 cup flour.
- 3Add more flour (enough to hold together) and turn on floured board.
- 4Knead a few times until smooth.
- 5Keep board and rolling pin well floured and roll dough thin.
- 6Let dough dry out (about 1 hr) then roll dough into a jelly roll & with a sharp knife cut dough into 1/8-1/4" slices.
- 7Carefully unroll dough and allow noodles to finish drying.
- 8Cook in 1 quart or more of boiling chicken or beef broth, cook 25 minutes or until tender.
- 9Noodles can be frozen for future use.
Browse Our Top Pasta Shells Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta Shells Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Homemade Egg Noodles by Geraldine
Serving Size: 1 (27 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 68.9
- Calories from Fat 8
- Total Fat 0.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 31.0 mg
- Sodium 236.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 2.6 g