1/1 Photo of Homemade Egg Noodles
As seen on the Martha Stewart Show.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1On a large, clean work surface, mound flour; make a well in the center and add egg yolks, eggs, 2 tablespoons water and salt.
- 2Use a fork to beat eggs in the well; gradually incorporate flour.
- 3Once flour is incorporated, form a round ball and begin kneading the dough; discard any dried bits.
- 4Lightly flour work surface and knead dough until smooth and elastic; form a flat rectangle, wrap tightly with plastic wrap, refrigerate 20 minutes to 6 hours, to rest.
- 5Unwrap dough and flatten to about 1/2 inch thick.
- 6Set the rollers of a hand cranked or electric pasta machine to it's widest opening; run dough through, fold dough lengthwise and repeat.
- 7Do this 4 or 5 times until dough is smooth and elastic; cut dough in half.
- 8Set pasta machine to next smaller setting and roll one piece of dough through once (keep other piece covered by a clean kitchen towel); decrease setting and roll through again, repeating until it has run through on the lowest setting.
- 9Repeat with other piece of dough.
- 10Cut dough into 7 inch long pieces; roll up each piece and cut into 1/2 inch wide strips.
- 11Boil noodles in a large pot of salted water for 2 minutes; drain and serve.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Homemade Egg Noodles
Serving Size: 1 (68 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 288.4
- Calories from Fat 47
- Total Fat 5.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 210.3 mg
- Sodium 223.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 10.3 g