Prep 2 hrs
Cook 15 mins
There is nothing better in soup than homemade noodles. I always make these for my Chicken Noodle Soup over Mashed Potatoes. It's so easy anybody can do it!
- Beat egg in a mixing bowl; add milk and salt, mix well.
- Gradually add enough flour (I use my hands) until dough forms a ball and can be handled without sticking.
- Divide dough into 2 balls; roll each ball very, very thin-paper thin-on a floured surface (if you do not roll out thin your noodles will take forever to dry and cook through) let sit 20 minutes.
- Slice vertically 1/8" wide for thinner noodles or 1/4" for wide noodles (I use a pizza cutter or pastry cutter), then horizontally to desired length.
- Sprinkle with more flour and spread apart so they are not touching, let dry at least 2 hours.
- Shake off excess flour and drop into boiling broth for about 15 minutes or until tender.
Excellent! Well worth making! It is most important that you leave dough to relax - I put mine in covered bowl in the fridge for about 45 minutes. I managed to roll out by hand quite easily. Do try to get dough rolled out as thin as possible, as noodles will thicken up some when cooked. No need to dry out the fresh noodles! If you cook right away, they will be done in about 5 minutes, depending on how thin your noodles are.
These turned out perfectly! They are really easy to make. I used them in the chicken noodle soup over mashed potato recipe.