Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
I came across this recipe on a message board, years ago. It is a very rich and thick white sauce. My kids love it. As good as it is, it is also very fattening. I have tried this recipe out with lower fat subsititues and it's just not as good, of course. Presto--
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 -2 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup of grated parmesan cheese
- Heat skillet on low, melt the cream cheese and the butter together, with garlic.
- Stir in milk slowly until thickened. Add the parm and stir it until cheese is melted and no longer stringy. Serve over Fettucine noodles.