Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe is from www.kitchenmixes.com. It is a great substitute for the boxed onion soup mix. It equals one packet or about 1-1/4 ounces. You can add garlic powder or other seasonings if you wish. It also makes a great gift for cooks. Make up some packets of onion soup mix, add a soup ladel, soup bowls, soup spoons, recipes, and some non-perishable ingredients. Place in a basket or pretty box wrapped in a tea towel.
- 4 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 8 teaspoons dried onion flakes
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon seasoned pepper
- Cut a 6-inch square of heavy duty foil.
- Place all ingredients in center of foil.
- Fold foil to make an airtight package.
- Label with date and contents.
- Store in a cool, dry place.
- Use within 6 months.
I'm so happy to have come across this recipe! I made several batches and put each in a small plastic baggie. Now I have plenty of onion soup mixes for dips and recipe and I made them for just pennies! Plus, I can pronounce every ingredient in the mix. Thanx for posting!
really good and no nasty chemicals
Decided to make my own mix to try and keep the sodium level down..this was very good and will be added to my recipe book. Used in Recipe #25806 (Fabulous Beef Stew) and it was excellent! Thanks for posting!