1/3 Photos of Homemade Dressing
This dressing recipe has been passed on from generation to generation. Our Thanksgiving would not be complete without this dressing! Throughout the years, we have added mushrooms. But when kids came into the picture again, we had to take them out. This dressing is so good that we would make 2 pans of it, one with onions and one without for the relatives that couldn't tolerate onions any longer (usually the older generation). Regardless, we always have this dressing!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Saute the onion and celery in the butter until tender. Add mushrooms if you would like!
- 2Combine all ingredients in a large bowl; mix well. I use a healthy sprinkling of poultry seasoning -- that is what makes it smell soooo good while cooking!
- 3Place into a 13x9x2 inch baking dish.
- 4Bake at 350 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes.
- 5If dressing begins to look too dry, add more chicken stock. (While waiting on the turkey to finish, you might leave the dressing in the oven -- in this case, add more chicken stock!).
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Homemade Dressing
Serving Size: 1 (256 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 172.2
- Calories from Fat 105
- Total Fat 11.7 g
- Saturated Fat 6.0 g
- Cholesterol 96.8 mg
- Sodium 377.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 7.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: