Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Perfect treats for your favourite canine friend! Woof Woof.
Make and share this Homemade Doggy Biscuits recipe from Food.com.
- 250 ml whole wheat flour
- 50 ml rolled oats
- 1 apple, chopped
- 1 egg, beaten
- 125 ml grated cheese
- 50 ml vegetable oil
- 50 ml milk
- Preheat oven to 200°C 400°F.
- In a big mixing bowl, stir the flour and rolled oats together.
- In a separate bowl, mix the apple, egg, cheese, oil and milk together.
- Add to the flour mixture and stir until combined.
- Sprinkle flour onto a clean countertop.
- PLace the dough on the floured surface and knead the dough with your hands for three to four minutes.
- Roll the dough with a rolling pin until it's about 1cm thick.
- With a cookie cutter, cut out small shapes in the dough and place on a non-stick cookie sheet.
- Bake the doggy biscuits for around 20 minutes.
- Remember to let them cool before giving them to your dog!
OTIS, the dog, thanks you with 5 woofs all-round!
My dogs give this 5 stars! They really liked them and they were easy to make.
I'm not sure if it was because of having to convert to US measurements or because I grated my apple but my 'dough' was extremely sticky. I ended up adding about 1/2 cup of flour to get it workable and I still couldn't really knead it. I rolled it out & used a pizza cutter to cut it into squares since it wasn't firm enough to use the cookie cutter on. The treats baked up nicely though and the dog adores them. Thanks!