Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
I use any shape cookie cutter, the dogs can't tell the difference! They just love the taste! Any flavor baby food will work...veggie, meat, etc.
- 2 3⁄4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup powdered milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 egg
- 6 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 8 tablespoons water
- 2 jars baby food (meat, beef, any flavor, strained)
- Mix all ingredients together and knead for 3 minutes.
- Roll out to 1 inch thick.
- Use a dog bone shaped cookie cutter, and place biscuits on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
- Makes approximately 2 dozen doggie biscuits.
My dog loves these :)
Excellent Recipe, Simple, Quick & Easy, and most of all, very popular with my girls! Did the recipe exactly as is with only 1 exception, I only made them 1/4 inch thick. One of my girls is a 16 year old Dalmatian and "Hard & Crunchy" doesn't cut if for her. Surprisingly these came out chewy, which she has no problem with. Not sure if it was because I made them thinner, used Gerber beef baby food, a kitchen-aid mixer, or insulated baking sheets.
A three inch bone shaped cookie cutter yielded a little over 40 biscuits. (photo posted on this recipe for view)
My dog loves these biscuits. I cut back on the salt.. used only one jar of chicken baby food... and used 1/2 butter and 1/2 oil. I made two different sizes of biscuits. Small for my sister's Yorkie and bigger for my miniature Australian Shepherd.