I was looking for a recipe to make biscuits for my dog and combined a few ideas to come up with this one. My dog is a big fan, hope yours is too.
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Mix together all dry ingredients in a medium size bowl.
- Mix together all wet ingredeints in a small bowl.
- Mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Batter should feel like biscuit dough.
- Turn out onto a lightly floured surface and knead 4-6 times. Roll out to 1/2" thick.
- Cut into biscuit shapes, or your favorite dog shapes.
- Bake at 325F for 2 hours. Allow to cool in the oven so they harden (can allow to stay in oven overnight).
- Store in an airtight container.
- Woof! Woof!
I had to use gluten free flour, as we are GF. So it came out a little more sticky. I dropped tablespoon sized balls on the sheet and pressed down with the bottom of a cornmeal dusted cup. They came out looking nasty and smelling funny, but my dog loves them. It just seems like a really long time to have the oven on (at that temp.) Reviewed for Fav's of 2009 Tag.
Woof woof indeed! Our dog ernie just loved these... thanks!
Absolutely terrific! Easy to make, they came out nice and crunchy, and the dogs LOVED them! Thanks for sharing your recipe! Made for My 3 Chefs, November 2009