1/1 Photo of Homemade Dishwasher Detergent
Detergent for the dishwasher is SO expensive. I searched the net for a home-made alternative and developed this simple recipe. We've been using it for a while now and it washes the dishes even better than the shop bought variety. The amount needed will depend on how soft your water is - we find 1 tablespoon is enough, but we're on tank water. You might need 2 tablespoons if you're on hard town water. Instead of Rinse Aid, we just use white vinegar.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup washing soda (crystals)
- 1 cup borax
- 2 -3 drops perfumed oil (optional)
- 1Place all ingredients in the bowl of a food processor.
- 2Process until washing soda crystals are reduced to powder.
- 3Store in airtight container.
- 4Use 1- 2 tablespoons per load in your dishwasher.
- 5(To save even more money, substitute Rinse Aid with white vinegar.).
Browse Our Top Household Cleaner Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Household Cleaner Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Homemade Dishwasher Detergent
Serving Size: 1 (100 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 0.0
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 0.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 0.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: