Recipe by Toni Ross
Hot Buttery Yeast Rolls
Top Review by sweet73twinkletoes
This is the first of about ten recipes on this site that didnt work for me, they look so good. I tried it two times and the dough just didnt do like it should. Made a really heavy dense biscuit type bread. I have never had bread not turn out till now, i wont try this agian. LaGrande,Or
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons yeast
- 3 cups white lily bread flour
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons butter or 6 tablespoons margarine
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
Directions See How It's Made
- Scald ¾ cup of milk and cool to lukewarm.
- Dissolve yeast in ¼ cup of hot water (110 to 115 degrees) in large mixing bowl, let stand 5 minutes.
- Mix remaining ingredients and beat well with mixer.
- Oil a large bowl, turn so both sides are oiled, cover with wax paper till doubled in size.
- Punch down, form into rolls on greased cookie sheet and let rise until double in size.
- Bake in preheated 400 degree F oven for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Brush tops with butter or margarine.
- Prep time is in the rising.
- If using bread machine follow mfg instructions.