Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
(DON'T MISS THIS ONE, you will never buy pickles again)
- 2 quarts water
- 2 quarts vinegar
- 1 cup non-iodized salt (you can halve this)
- 2 jalapeno peppers, in each jar
- to taste dill weed, in each jar
- 1 head garlic, divided between jars
- to taste green tomato, sliced (optional)
- to taste onion, sliced (optional)
- 1 dozen cucumber, sliced to fit jars
- Bring water, vinegar and salt to a boil.
- Pour over (prepared jars ready for canning) and seal.
- Let set for 6 weeks.
- (This recipe comes from a lady who has been canning for years She forgot to tell me how many cukes)
when canning any veg. it is best to use well water or bottled water instead of tap water because of the chlorine. I think on the garlic it means a clove instead of a head
I had a Great Aunt that made the most wonderful dill pickles she told me that her secret was that she used rain water. How interesting. June Bug
This was pretty good. the kids like them.