Recipe by redcrystal
This recipe came from http://gooseberryjamman.blogspot.com.au/2011/11/devon-sandwiches.html yet to try, but it looks good!
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped capsicum
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup tomato juice
- 1⁄2 cup rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 750 g minced beef
- 250 g ground pork
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the onion and capsicum in butter until soft. Combine all ingredients in a food processor until well mixed.
- On tin/aluminium foil arrange mix, roll and secure ends.
- Bake at 180 degrees for approx 1 1/2 hours. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
- Store in the fridge. Slice as needed. As with any cooked meat, it will only keep in the fridge for a couple of days, but it does freeze well. Sliced or left whole.