Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
After quite a big of searching on here, I failed to find a deep dish pie crust. Found this one on grouprecipes.com and decided to post it.
- In food processor, pulse flour, salt butter and vegetable shortening until in large crumbs.
- Add cold water; pulse until mixture starts to form a ball. (Do not overmix).
- Shape dough into round disc.
- Cover with plastic wrap.
- Freeze for 10 minutes until easy to handle.
- Roll dough into 11 inch circle on floured surface.
- Fit dough into 9 1/2 inch deep dish pie plate.
- Turn edge under and flute.
- Pour in filling and bake at 350F for 40-50 minutes.