Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe was given to me a long time ago and it still serves as the best homemade egg nog ever tasted hands down. This is great for Christmas or holiday parties. Liquor is part of the ingredients (I have not made it without liquor), but the liquor does not overpower the egg nog taste you are looking for.
- 6 eggs, separated
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1⁄2 cup rum
- 1⁄2 cup brandy (or 1 cup of rum or brandy)
- 3 cups vanilla ice cream
- In a medium bowl, beat egg whites until almost stiff.
- Add sugar gradually to egg whites until stiff (wash beaters!).
- In another bowl, beat whipping cream until stiff.
- In a third bowl, beat egg yolks until thick.
- Stir in liqueur and ice cream. Beat on low speed until just smooth.
- Pour mixture into a punch bowl or into a pitcher.
- Fold in egg whites, then fold in whipped cream.
- Sprinkle with nutmeg for taste.