Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Here is another recipe from my favourite paper Weekly Times. I am saving this to use in a few curry recipes which need curry powder, which I have tagged to make at a later date. I have all this either in my pantry of growing so it should be easy to make. I do not know how much it makes, so I have guessed.
- 3 tablespoons Hungarian paprika
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground fennel
- 2 teaspoons ground mustard (yellow or brown)
- 2 teaspoons ground cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- Mix all together, and place in a small jar/bottle & store in a cool, dark place for up to 2 months.
This made an excellent curry powder to be used in our dinner tonight. I didn't have fennel powder so lightly crushed some seeds and used them instead. I love biting down on them as I eat, so it was a good substitute for us. I needed two teaspoons of powder in the recipe and this made a mild to medium curry.