Recipe by Chef Sean #2
I got this recipe from "Too Many Chiles!" by Dave DeWitt, Nancy and Jeff Gerlach. As in any recipe calling for chile powder, you can substitute any type of dried ground chile.
- 73.94 ml new mexico chile powder
- 44.37 ml coriander seeds
- 44.37 ml cumin seeds
- 14.79 ml dried ginger
- 29.58 ml dried ground dried chile
- 4.92 ml cardamom seed
- 4.92 ml fenugreek seeds
- 4.92 ml black peppercorns
- 4.92 ml allspice berry
- 4.92 ml whole cloves
- 2.46 ml whole nutmeg
Directions See How It's Made
- Dry toast all seeds, either together or separately.
- Using a spice mill, or a cofee grinder, grind all seeds together. Remove to a plate.
- Using the same mill or grinder, grind peppercorns, allspice berries, cloves, nutmeg, and ginger together.
- Add seeds and chile powders to peppercorn mixture. Process for about one to two minutes to let the flavors mix.