1/1 Photo of Homemade Cupcakes and Buttercream Frosting
Cupcakes are also known as fairy cakes. They are delicious. Try this recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Sift the flour and baking powder three times into a small bowl. Set aside.
- 2Using an electric hand mixer beat the butter, sugar and vanilla together in a medium bowl. Beat until white and creamy. Add eggs one at a time and stir to combine. Next add flour mixture. Mix until combined but do not over mix.
- 3Now line a cupcake tin or muffin tin with paper cups (recipe makes 24 cupcakes). Pour batter into cups. Fill to about 2/3 full. Don’t over fill.
- 4Bake at 180C degrees for about 25 minutes. Cupcakes are ready when the top springs back when you touch it with your finger.
- 5Remove the cupcakes from the oven and let cool before decorating. When the cupcakes are cool, fill a pastry bag (piping bag) with the buttercream frosting and pipe onto the cake. (Use star nozzle). I’ve done in the photo above.
- 6Serve and enjoy.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Homemade Cupcakes and Buttercream Frosting
Serving Size: 1 (38 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 150.6
- Calories from Fat 68
- Total Fat 7.6 g
- Saturated Fat 4.5 g
- Cholesterol 48.8 mg
- Sodium 78.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 8.4 g
- Protein 2.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: