Prep 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
Cupcakes are also known as fairy cakes. They are delicious. Try this recipe.
- 225 g cake flour, Sifted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 200 g butter
- 200 g sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 whole eggs
- 1 (16 ounce) package buttercream frosting (or Your Favorite Recipe)
- Sift the flour and baking powder three times into a small bowl. Set aside.
- Using an electric hand mixer beat the butter, sugar and vanilla together in a medium bowl. Beat until white and creamy. Add eggs one at a time and stir to combine. Next add flour mixture. Mix until combined but do not over mix.
- Now line a cupcake tin or muffin tin with paper cups (recipe makes 24 cupcakes). Pour batter into cups. Fill to about 2/3 full. Don’t over fill.
- Bake at 180C degrees for about 25 minutes. Cupcakes are ready when the top springs back when you touch it with your finger.
- Remove the cupcakes from the oven and let cool before decorating. When the cupcakes are cool, fill a pastry bag (piping bag) with the buttercream frosting and pipe onto the cake. (Use star nozzle). I’ve done in the photo above.
- Serve and enjoy.