Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 5 tablespoons light oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 5 slices day-old white bread
- Melt butter in skillet then add oil.
- Mix in remaining ingredients.
- Cut 5 slices of day old bread and remove crusts.
- Cut into 1/2-inch cubes.
- Fry slowly until lightly brown.
It's really awesomely. Thanx for sharing
These croutons taste really good. I used whole-wheat baguette. The seasonings are perfect. Thanks ~lainie~ Made for Alphabet tag game
This is a terrific way to make croutons. I used wheat bread as that is what I always have on hand and also used 2 slices of leftover pumpernickel. Great flavor and very simple to make! Thanks for a great go-to recipe! Made during the Healthy Choices special in Feb. 2010.