Easy to make and a great cost saver compared to store bought kind. Adjust seasonings to your own tastes.
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Dice fresh bread, leaving crust on.
- Put diced bread in a large mixing bowl and add all the remaining ingredients.
- Toss well to coated, then spread evenly on two cookie sheets with sides.
- Bake 30 minutes, then turn croutons over with spatula; cook 30 minutes longer and let cool.
- Store in airtight container for several weeks.
Wonderful! I had some rather hard (old) homemade bread and didn't want to throw it away. This was a perfect way to use it up. Easy and fast too!
Wonderful! My husband doesn't normally like croutons but loved these! I substituted olive oil for the butter and sea salt for the garlic powder. I also used more parmesan cheese and sprinkled more after they were done to coat the outside.
used up some sesame hamburger buns I had left over...turned out great. The kids were eating them as a snack! :)