Recipe by TheRedneckHippie
This is a recipe for condensed milk, not dulce de leche (though I imagine you could make ddl from the condensed milk afterwards). It's adapted from JustAsDelish.com's Homemade Condensed Milk recipe here: http://www.justasdelish.com/homemade-condensed-milk/
- 4 cups milk
- 1 cup granulated sugar (white, brown, etc., you can even use honey, but cook it longer to make up for the extra moisture)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients in crockpot and cook on high until sugar is melted.
- Reduce heat to warm and take the lid off, or turn it sideways so that it's only half off.
- Cook for four hours, or however long it takes to reduce by half (or more if a thicker consistency is desired).
- If you're not using this right away, pour into canning jars and seal, keeping in refrigerator, or measure out servings and freeze in ziploc bags.