361 hrs 30 mins
1 hr 30 mins
I'm so happy to have found this recipe! I love the subtle black currant flavor of creme de cassis. Delicious in desserts, baked goods or drizzled over ice cream. Mix an ounce or 2 with your favorite carbonated beverage for a lite refreshing cocktail.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine the currants and red wine in a ceramic or glass bowl, and leave for at least 24 and up to 48 hours.
- 2Purée the mixture in a food processor or blender, and then strain it through a cheesecloth-lined sieve into a large saucepan.
- 3For every cup of liquid, add 1 cup of sugar.
- 4Heat gently, stirring frequently, until the sugar has dissolved.
- 5Do not let the liquid come to a simmer, as you don't want to boil off the alcohol. Then leave at the lowest heat for an hour or more, stirring occasionally, until the liquid has reduced a little and become slightly syrupy.
- 6Allow to cool.
- 7Mix together 1 part vodka or brandy with 3 parts of the cooled blackcurrant-wine syrup, and funnel into clean, dry bottles. Store in a cool place for at least 2 weeks before drinking.
- 8Use whenever a recipe/cocktail calls for creme de cassis.
Browse Our Top Beverages Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Homemade Creme De Cassis Liqueur
Serving Size: 1 (2287 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 701.3
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 6.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 126.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 114.5 g
- Protein 0.9 g