Recipe by WI Cheesehead
I got this off of another recipe sight for homeschoolers :) You make up the powder and store it for later use. It's great for controlling sodium in your cream soups.
Top Review by Divinemom5
Thank you so much! There are son many recipes I had to quit making when we found out my daughter had Celiac's disease,because most canned cream soups have gluten in them. Now I can go back to making some of her favorites by using this recipe!
- 2 cups powdered milk
- 3⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup chicken bouillon granules or 1⁄4 cup beef bouillon granules or 1⁄4 cup vegetable bouillon granules
- 2 tablespoons dried onion flakes or 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper or 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- COMBINE ALL INGREDIENTS AND BLEND TILL MIXED. STORE IN AIRTIGHT CONTAINER IN A COOL DRY PLACE FOR UP TO 1 YEAR. THIS RECIPE MAKES 3 CUPS AND IS ENOUGH FOR 9 CANS OF SOUP.
- To substitute for one can of condensed cream soup:.
- In a 1-quart saucepan or microwave bowl, combine 1/3 cup of soup mix and 1 1/4 cup water. Bring to a boil or microwave on high for 2 to 2 1/2 minutes stirring constantly.
- This can also be used as quick fat free gravy, thinned to the consistency you prefer.