Prep 5 mins
Cook 3 mins
I got this off of another recipe sight for homeschoolers :) You make up the powder and store it for later use. It's great for controlling sodium in your cream soups.
- 2 cups powdered milk
- 3⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup chicken bouillon granules or 1⁄4 cup beef bouillon granules or 1⁄4 cup vegetable bouillon granules
- 2 tablespoons dried onion flakes or 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper or 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- COMBINE ALL INGREDIENTS AND BLEND TILL MIXED. STORE IN AIRTIGHT CONTAINER IN A COOL DRY PLACE FOR UP TO 1 YEAR. THIS RECIPE MAKES 3 CUPS AND IS ENOUGH FOR 9 CANS OF SOUP.
- To substitute for one can of condensed cream soup:.
- In a 1-quart saucepan or microwave bowl, combine 1/3 cup of soup mix and 1 1/4 cup water. Bring to a boil or microwave on high for 2 to 2 1/2 minutes stirring constantly.
- This can also be used as quick fat free gravy, thinned to the consistency you prefer.
Thank you so much! There are son many recipes I had to quit making when we found out my daughter had Celiac's disease,because most canned cream soups have gluten in them. Now I can go back to making some of her favorites by using this recipe!