1/2 Photos of Homemade Cream of Style Soup Mix - Substitute
Redneck Epicurean's Note:
I found this in one of the magazines I subscribe to, Cooking for Two. There are several other mixes like this here at Zaar, but this one has several other ingredients and is much more and I like it. The variations are posted below.
My Private Note
cups of ...
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups powdered milk
- 1/2 cup cornstarch, plus
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup instant mashed potatoes
- 1/4 cup chicken bouillon granule
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 2 teaspoons dried onion flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried celery flakes
- 1 teaspoon instant minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1Combine all ingredients in an airtight container. Store in a cool dry place for up to a year.
- 2To use: for one can condensed cream of chicken soup, heat 1 1/3 cups water and 6 tablespoons of mix in a microwave safe bowl. Heat on high for 3-5 minutes or until thick and bubbly whisking occasionally.
- 3For mushroom soup, add 1/2 to 1 cup sautéed sliced mushrooms.
- 4For celery soup, add 1 sautéed chopped celery rib or 1/4 teaspoons celery salt.
- 5For 1/2 a can, divide measurements in half. This comes in handy when making half a recipe.
Browse Our Top Cooking Mixes Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cooking Mixes Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Homemade Cream of Style Soup Mix - Substitute
Serving Size: 1 (399 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 583.5
- Calories from Fat 216
- Total Fat 24.0 g
- Saturated Fat 14.5 g
- Cholesterol 83.8 mg
- Sodium 1838.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 67.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 35.1 g
- Protein 24.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
dried celery flakes